Physics Discovery: Introduction to Mechanical Physics. With Physics discovery, you will build 12 models and then conduct experiments with the models to learn about forces and simple machines. Each model demonstrates a fundamental idea in mechanical physics. For example, you can build a balance scale to learn about lever arms, a freight elevator to learn about pulleys, a bicycle to learn about wheels, a motion picture machine to learn about centripetal and centrifugal forces, and a transmission to learn about gears. Physics Discovery is a smaller, introductory companion to our best-selling Physics Workshop kit. It contains different building projects and experiments, and uses parts that are compatible with all of the kits in our Physics line. The 32-page book offers illustrated instructions for building projects and experiments.
- Build a motor, force meter, catapult, balance scale, freight elevator, inclined planes and more
- Build a bicycle, transmission, motion picture machine, water wheel, and more
- Learn about simple machines and forces
- Test yourself with a physics quiz
- New Edition to an original best selling series